As 2016 is coming to a close I wanted to share my year in review or my stats. I’ve been blogging off and on for 8 years and I moved from Blogger to WordPress in 2014. It was in 2015 that I got serious and wanted to post more frequently. I made a decision to write and post frequently. Whether it was short and sweet or long and informative, I wanted to keep writing. I also made it a point to engage and share other bloggers material.
I read A LOT. I have to tell you that even when I take a break, I will catch-up on your posts (they are sent via email) and respond. Many times it may be a like, but I will tweet and share your posts to my Facebook page. I love following and reading your words. It inspires me to see that you can be busy and go through things and still have time to write. It also let’s me know that there is no excuse. I can do it.
I can do it.
So, here’s the growth of my stats from 2014.
What’s good about the stats is that it shows substantial growth for the last 3 years that I’ve been blogging on WordPress. This growth is mainly due to reading any and everything from well established bloggers, up and coming or just starting out bloggers. I spend time commenting and building a relationship with my followers and other bloggers. Heck, many of you know me personally like I know you. We would probably hang out if we lived closer.
That’s the key to this blogging thing. Developing and nurturing relationships with other bloggers. Why? Because if they spend time reading and commenting on your work, try and get to know them. Read and comment on their posts. Engagement.
Which brings me to that weird chart posted. I was happily surprised by what I saw and appreciated the story it was telling me so I wanted to share it with you. My chart shows progress.
Here are some important facts:
- In 2014 – I had 2,918 views; 1,990 visitors; 79 likes; 31 comments; 120 posts published.
- In 2015 – I exceeded this goal tremendously. I had 12,756 views; 6,498 visitors; 1801 likes; 936 comments and 294 posts were published.
- In 2016 – I grew yet again. I have almost 1100 WordPress followers alone. To date I’ve had 33,389 views; 14,934 visitors; 11,812 likes; 5,487 comments and I’ve published 342 posts.
Here are some of my blogging goals for 2017:
- Keep up the publishing schedule. Currently I try to post Monday through Friday, but occasionally I will have weekend posts. Even if I don’t post, I would like to spend more time sharing/reblogging your posts.
- Reblog more. I follow some amazing writers/bloggers and in 2017, I want to share your moving pieces with my network. Many of you may already follow these bloggers, but if not, you will find great people to follow.
- Redesign the blog. I’m looking into some things for 2017 so please be on the lookout.
- Featured bloggers/interviews. Sometimes life gets in the way, but I would like to do a monthly interview of bloggers. If you’re interested, please send me an email at email@example.com.
- Get my YouTube/V-Log Up. I set this for a goal in 2016 and didn’t get to it. I need to make this happen.
Message to following to follow bloggers…
I have to warn you against pressing bloggers to follow you. When I follow bloggers, it is genuinely because I enjoy their work. If they don’t follow me, I don’t worry about it. I don’t harass them to follow me either. I want followers that want to be engaged, not just people that are looking to follow for a follow. I like authentic relationships. Does that mean that we agree on everything? Not at all. I’ve had some of the best disagreements in thought with fellow bloggers. I enjoy it. It is never disrespectful and I learn a lot. Just enjoy growing your blog in your own time.