I wanted to share the letter I wrote to my son for his 5th birthday!
Five years ago today God blessed me with the opportunity to give birth to one of the most beautiful babies in the world. I was scared, but when you opened your eyes, the world settled. I knew in that moment that God was preparing me to raise a king.
I may not have all the answers to your questions or be able to wipe away every tear that should fall from your eyes, but I promise you these things…
- I will always have your back no matter what.
- I will be your biggest cheerleader supporting you and encouraging you to be the great man God has designed for you.
- I will pray for you each and every day.
- I will try my best to teach you about God and help you make that decision to accept Jesus as your personal Savior.
- I will lead by example. I will be someone you will always be proud to call mom.
- I will love you more than my own life knowing that you belong to God and I am only the vessel that was fortunate enough to carry and birth you.
It’s been five beautiful years and I am so thankful that you are mine and in awe of you every day. Happy Birthday Baby!