I started this year with many goals. I narrowed them down in March when I realized that my life needed to have order. I wanted to write things down to ensure that I never lost sight of the fact of what I was working towards.
So, I ended up with 8 goals that I wanted to accomplish in 3 years. My therapist laughed and said it’s supposed to be 3 goals in 3 years or 10 in 5 years. What can I say? I’m an overachiever. Here’s where I stand.
- Pay off debt (car loan, student loans, credit cards)
- Save (emergency fund, savings and retirement)
- Buy a house
Pledge a sorority Get a better job
- Go to graduate school
Join my undergraduate alumni association Find love
- Pay off debt (car loan, student loans, credit cards). Well, I’m not where I want to be, but realistically speaking it’s only been about 7 months. I’ve paid off some credit cards and I’m trying to reduce my debt. This is a work in progress.
- Save. I’ve been saving. Not much, but I now have a savings. I’m making progress. I have a long way to go, but I’m learning.
- Buy a house. This is a definitely my end goal. Preparation is the key. Still working on this one and it will stay my goal.
- Pledge a sorority. Yep, it was my dream to be a part of sorority life in college, but it never happened and God granted me the opportunity to be a member of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Incorporated. It was a process and I’m thankful that I persevered through the process. I have 5 other women that were part of the process with me and a whole lot of new sorority sisters.
- Get a better job. Yes! God allowed me to get a new job in June where I’m in management. I have my own team of 5. I just extended an offer to my new person and we are waiting for him to start in a couple of weeks. I love my job and I’m thankful for the opportunity.
- Go to graduate school. I still want to do this. I hope to be able to attend grad school in the fall of 2017, but this is so exciting for me. All while working full-time, writing this book and raising Munch.
- Join my undergraduate alumni association. Yes, I did that. I haven’t attended any events yet because of my hectic schedule, but now that things are slowing down I’m excited and will be getting involved and bringing Munch along so he can witness my Terp pride and understand that others should Fear the Turtle!
- Find love. Woohoo! Won’t HE do it ya’ll? I have been blessed to have a relationship with an incredible man who supports and encourages the heck out of me. He loves me! Yep and I love him. I’m excited that God allowed him to come into my life and just love me in a good old fashioned and healthy way.
So, that’s it folks. As you can see, I’m whittling through my goals which I will carry forward into 2017. I’ll keep sharing them with you. What goals have you created for 2017?