The other day a friend and I were conversing about the state of men and women relationships. He dropped some really deep knowledge on me that I felt compelled to write and share with everyone. Now, before I do that, let me give you the following disclaimers…
- We were sober. No alcohol.
- He’s jaded and believes that people are not programmed to be faithful.
- He’s in his 40’s.
- He’s divorced.
- He’s happily single.
LOL! I thought it best to share the specifics before continuing. But, what he said made sense to me. He said that women have five basic things that they need from a man. He said that it applies to all women. I disagreed and said maybe the majority (85%) would agree.
Here’s what he determines that women need:
- A provider. A man that will provide for his family whether financially or any way that she needs and views him as a provider. Doesn’t mean that she doesn’t have to work but that he is her partner. She is his helpmate.
- A protector. A man that will protect her should someone harm or disrespect his woman or their family. She needs to know that he won’t hesitate to fight someone in her honor.
- An intellectually stimulating man. A man that can stimulate her intellectually. She needs a man that can have conversations about any and everything that she finds to be of importance.
- An emotionally stimulating man. A man that will meet her emotional needs. Be concerned when need be and provide her the emotional support she desires if she is going through something that she finds challenging or difficult.
- A man that is an animal in bed. A man that will satisfy his woman completely with whatever they desire in bed.
What do you think ladies? Could you see this as being true? Do you disagree? Now, don’t get me wrong. I think you could add more to the list or rearrange to suit your needs, but many of us would agree to keep at least two of the basic needs right based on our views, morals, personal experiences and such?
However, I guess the bigger question is that if it is that simple, then why can’t we find eligible suitors? Are we looking for perfection? Are we too hard to please? Probably a little bit of both, but I guess it makes you wonder why can’t men meet those needs if they are that simple?
Ah, the joys of dating!