I’m so behind on all the awards that I’ve been nominated for that I am going to do a massive thank you, tell you the rules, answer the questions and leave it open to everyone to join in. It is so many so feel free to participate and link back to this post so that I can read your responses.
First up…I was nominated by Rosie from the Hookup Culture for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award.
•Thank the blogger who gave you the award and link back to their blog
•Answer the 10 questions given to you
•Nominate 10 bloggers for the award
•Write 10 questions for your nominees to answer
•Display the award on your blog or post
Here were the 10 questions she asked me:
- What is the story behind your blog name? My last name is Thomas and when I sat down and tried to come up with a name I realized that I was just blogging my point of view so I just called it A Thomas Point of View.
- What is your favorite holiday? Christmas.
- When is your birthday? January. 9 days after Christmas.
- When did you start writing? At the age of 12 I would write. By 14 my writing was more telling, authentic and intense based off my experiences.
- What would your dream vacation be? Vacationing in the Canary Islands
- Favorite color? Blue
- The Voice or American Idol? The Voice. However, I’m watching the final season of American Idol.
- Name something that made you smile today! Hearing from my son this morning.
- Name something that made you frown today. Realizing that some people will suck the energy out of a room and I don’t know why.
- What is your favorite tv show currently? Being Mary Jane
- Thank the person who nominated you (because, you know…manners).
- Include a link to that person’s blog. That’s also good manners.
- Then select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly who you consider versatile and excellent in their writing. Nominate them for the Versatile Blogger Award and notify them on their About page.
- Finally, share 7 things about yourself. Interesting is good…truthful is important…bonus points for brutal honesty.
Here are 7 things about me:
- I’m an extrovert. I love talking to and engaging people.
- I’m a mother of one and motherhood permanently changed my life. I love being a mommy.
- I’m super busy but try to remember to slow down and enjoy life.
- I love blogging. It is free therapy.
- I love the beach. It relaxes me to stand out and look at the water and feel the sand between my toes.
- I wanted to be governor of Tennessee when I was younger.
- I didn’t go to Disney until I was 28 and married. I am taking my son to Disney this November.
Also…I was also nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award by Tribe 53 where you recognize bloggers that you read and are happy that they are part of the blogging community. There are so many wonderful bloggers that I read and subscribe too that I can’t possible list you all. But, I want you to know that I read approximately 150-200 posts a day. I don’t always comment on your posts, but know that they are being read.
Another one…I was also nominated for the Blogger Award by my fellow blogger at Embracing My Inner Ginger
-Tag the blogger that nominated you
-Answer the questions you were given
-Nominate 10 bloggers
-Name questions for your nominees to answer
-Inform the bloggers you chose that you nominated them!
Here are the questions:
- What music/musician do you find most influential in your life and why? Prince. I’ve always loved his music. He’s a musical genius.
- Do you have a favorite song and why? Adore.
- If you could meet one artist (dead or alive) who would it be and why? Maya Angelou. Because I loved her writing, her poems her story.
- What current song would describe your life today? He Saw The Best in Me by Marvin Sapp.
- What is a song you would consider timeless? I will always love you.
- Do you have a favorite workout song? Or a song that motivates you in some way? I listen to Pandora to work out and just need club music to work up a sweat. LOL. I don’t necessarily have a song that motivates me in any way.
Finally…I was nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by 1617 Sunshine Avenue.
•Thank the person who nominated you.
•Answer the questions from your nominators.
•Nominate eleven other bloggers and give them eleven questions.
Here are the questions:
- What do you do to stay fit? Work out and make healthier food choices.
- What´s your favorite food? LOL. Pizza. I’ve opted for thin crust and whole wheat to reduce calories.
- What do you do to recharge after a stressful day/week? Take a hot shower and read a good book.
- What´s the goal of your blog? To just tell my point of view.
- Tell us your one bad habit? Candy
- What is your favorite season? Fall
- Name your three favorite movies. Purple Rain, Selma and A Time to Kill
- Early bird or late owl? Late Owl
- What´s your favorite quote? I don’t have one.
- How do you stay organized when there is a lot to do? Write it down. Try to make the lists manageable.
- Do you have a favorite piece of clothing? Nope.
I didn’t think of questions for any of the awards, I’m leaving it up to you to tell me what you want me to know about you. I thank all the bloggers that nominated me and trust me when I tell you that I am overjoyed by the blogging community. I hope that you continue to grow your followers, write great pieces and keep up the good work.