I was tagged by Sandy, a fellow blogger, at Poot’s Notes to tell you 10 things that you don’t know about me!. This was over the weekend and yes, I’m late so I do apologize. I wanted to do this exercise because it is fun and different from what I blog about. Plus it allows us the opportunity to get to know each other better. So, here goes…
The rules are as follows:
- Link back to the blogger who nominated you and answer their 10 questions
- Add the badge to your post
- Write your own 10 questions and tag 10 bloggers to do the same
Here are Sandy’s questions and my answers:
1. What is your favorite type of music?
My favorite type of music is R&B. I love all types but I can always settle my restless soul with some good old-fashioned R&B music by Stevie Wonder, Chrisette Michelle or Leela James.
2. Who would you call your hero?
My grandma would be my hero. She raised 11 children on her own with only a third grade education. I’ve learned from her that determination is the only way you can succeed in life. She is awesome.
3. Why do you blog?
It’s FREE therapy. Blogging allows me to share some sensitive parts of myself with other people. It allows me to look through situations in a reflective way and see how I handled those situations and to learn from them.
4. What is your favorite TV show?
Well it was Wayward Pines, but that got cancelled this summer. I’m a sci-fi junkie so anything in that genre tends to keep my attention.
5. If you could have lunch with anyone, dead or alive, who and why?
My cousin Brennan aka Boo-Bop. Because he died in December of 2007 and I miss the heck out of him. So many things to talk about and I need his advice. Some days I feel like I’m drowning and he’s the only one that can save me with a piece of his country wisdom. He’s the greatest man I’ve ever known.
6. Do you have a degree? What is it in?
Yes, I have a degree in English.
7. What is your dream job?
Working for a Fortune 500 company doing benefits and writing. There are never enough hours of the day to my dream job though.
8. What is your greatest accomplishment?
Having my son. Motherhood changed me. So, it’s not professional, but personal.
9. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Hopefully, published, writing and in a management position for a Fortune 500 company.
10. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?
Gran Canaria. It’s one of Spain’s Canary Islands, off northwestern Africa. It’s known for the white-sand beaches stretching along its southern coast. I love the beach.
My Nominees (in no particular order):
- A Couple Talks
- The Gold Brick Road
- Chocolaty Prints
- A Sista’s Guide to Adoption
- Date By Numb3r
- Rebirth of Lisa
- Life of an El Paso Woman
- Johanna’s Mama
- Momentary Lapse of Sanity
My Questions to the Nominees:
- What is the one thing you wish you could do over again?
- Why did you decide to blog?
- What motivates you to write? Do you write even when you have nothing to say?
- How many followers do you have?
- Do you interact with fellow bloggers? How so?
- Where are you from?
- What major social issue is on your radar at the moment and why?
- Do you like sports? If yes, which ones?
- Have you ever done on-line dating? Why or why not?
- If you were ever to run for and be elected as President of the United States of America, what would be your top issue to tackle?
If you choose to accept this tag, don’t forget to comment and share the link with me right here so that I can read your answers.
Until next time!