I saw this post on Stephanie’s Making Time for Me blog and wanted to participate. I thought it was a great way to get to know me and for me to know you. I want you to join in on the fun as well.
- Where Do You Blog? Usually at work. I draft out my ideas and work on them at home. Rarely do I write a new post at home from beginning to end. I haven’t hooked up my desktop since I moved so I hate blogging on the laptop. Not sure why, but it is easier when I’m sitting at a desk to organize my thoughts.
- Where Do You Find Inspiration For Your Blog Posts? Everywhere. This blog is a reflection of me and my life and everything around me. I love being able to bring you into my world and walking with you on this journey.
- How Long Does It Take You To Write a Blog Post? About an hour depending on the subject. If it’s a hot topic it may be longer. If not I pretty much know what I’m going to say.
- Do You Plan Your Blog Posts? How? For the most part yes. I have an outline of topics that I want to talk about and then I write the posts and schedule them. If something news breaking happens I write those impromptu.
- What Kind of Camera Do You Use? What Editing Program? Usually I take photos on my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. I mainly edit them on Photo Grid and post them.
- Do You Use a Notebook To Track Your Ideas? Yes, believe it or not. I have a journal that a friend gave me for Christmas and I journal my ideas and thoughts. I’m old school like that. LOL.
- How Do You Take Your Pictures? My cell phone.
- What’s Your Favorite Type of Blog Post to Write? My parenting stories are my favorite. Whether it be my co-parenting struggle or my son’s accomplishments, those are definitely my favorite.
- Who Knows About Your Blog? Umm, I don’t know. Apparently a lot of my church friends read them. Some I didn’t even know of. It’s weird. My friends read my posts (the guy I dated a couple of years ago, my best friend Nikki and Mr. C). My cousins read my blog, but my siblings or mother don’t. That initially bothered me but I read a post on someone’s blog that said something like “your journey is not theirs and you can’t resent folks for not taking it with you.” That was pretty powerful and I stopped worrying about who didn’t read it. However, it is a requirement to be in a relationship with me.
- Are You an Organized or a Messy Blogger? I would say organized. I’m a planner so I tend to utilize that need to plan out things to my advantage. I’ve not posted because I didn’t have anything to say so I don’t just do it for the clicks. I do it because I want to bring you into my world.
- Biggest Blogging Pet Peeve? Bloggers that don’t engage with their readers. When I’m the only one reading and commenting on your posts and you never take the time to do the same, I stop reading. I read between 150-250 posts a day and although I don’t comment on every single one, I do like, tweet and reblog some great posts. I try to let the bloggers know that I’m engaged. I appreciate the same courtesy.