I wanted to share my 2015 report. Apparently, my favorite post was Missing Him which was an ode to my new friend who still makes me smile and did so yesterday when we worked out together. I’m hoping that 2016 brings you more followers, more posts and more interactions with your readers.
The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a 2015 annual report for this blog.
Here’s an excerpt:
The concert hall at the Sydney Opera House holds 2,700 people. This blog was viewed about 13,000 times in 2015. If it were a concert at Sydney Opera House, it would take about 5 sold-out performances for that many people to see it.
Click here to see the complete report.
I was nominated by Lisa over at TheRebirthofLisa for the Epically Awesome Award and I’m super excited. Why? Because someone thinks that I’m epically awesome outside of me and my crew. LOL!
Seriously folks, I’m excited anytime someone thinks of me to bring attention to my little blog.
The Award Rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site
- Put the award logo on your blog
- Share ten awesome facts about yourself
- Nominate ten blogs
So here goes:
I couldn’t think of ten awesome things about myself, but I wanted to tell you some awesome things about me…
- I’m awesome because I blog about my life. Real stuff. No filters and no fluff. I try to keep bad words to a minimum because I’m a mommy and I don’t want my son to repeat me but I will make up a word in a minute. I’ve been known to do so. LOL.
- I’m awesome because even in the midst of some of the worst storms in my life I was able to find my way out. Not by my own accord, but my faith in God. I’ve been able to be a better and stronger version of me. I’m a firm believer in women asking for help and not trying to be superwoman. It gets exhausting.
- I’m awesome because I can smoke a stogie and sip champagne while wearing tennis shoes and still feel sexy. I learned that at 40 it’s okay to just be you. Whatever it is you want to do, just do it and not care what others think. It’s taken time, but I’m getting there.
The Nominees Are Totally Awesome:
- Elizabeth from The Crumbs of My Life
- Rebecca from A Journey With You
- Maria from MariaJob
- Nisthur from Poem Hobby
- Roxanne from The Whatever Mom
- Deb from Debwashere
- Cautiously Optimistic from The Single Ladies Blog
- Blair from The Shameful Sheep
- Your BadAss Auntie from Badass Auntie
- Nena from You Unfolded
Please check out their blogs!
I am now at over 200 followers! I have 218 followers to the blog, 318 on Twitter and 259 on my Facebook page. I’m super excited and I want to thank all of you for walking with me on this journey. I know it seems like a little thing to post a thank you for reaching over 200, but this is a big deal for me. I am super excited!
For my new followers I want to scream “Welcome to my blog! I hope you see this blog as something you can relate to whether in faith, parenting, friendship, family, social injustices and/or relationships, I have something for everyone. I want to let you in to who I am and what I’m about. “
For my “old” followers, thank you for sticking with me on this journey. Your encouragement, likes and/or my comments on my posts have helped me continue when the road seems dim. You are truly appreciated.
I know that sometimes my posts seem like a hodgepodge of things from religion, to social issues to parenting or relationships but trust that this is my life. My wacky 40-year-old life that I love. I write about what matters to me or what is on my mind. I try to keep the posts to 5 a week, but sometimes the week is rough and I have more to say. Just stick with me though.
Thank you again for following and you are truly appreciated.
Thank you for reading my blog. Thank you for subscribing. Thank you for following. Thank you for engaging. Thank you for being you.
I am sometimes slow to read and respond to the many blogs that come through my email but I promise you that I do read each and every post. So, I say this to say that if it seems that I am “liking” your posts back to back that’s what it is. I get about 60 or more posts a day in my email.
I love my blogger family and sometimes ya’ll inspire me with new ideas or things to try. Like I learned about that dang Windows 10 upgrade and how to stop that foolishness, how to make the perfect baked chicken, how to appropriately tag in your posts and how to appreciate the many things that I have accomplished by writing them out.
Yes, there were many more things that I’ve learned, comments I’ve made and posts that I’ve liked that I’m thinking about highlighting some of my favorite posts each week and sharing them with my readers. Ya’ll are awesome and I just want to say thank you, thank you and thank you!
I had the awesome opportunity to guest blog on Healing Mama’s blog yesterday! It was my first time and I was super excited. I did a parenting piece entitled “7 Lessons for My Son”. Check it out here:
Thanks to Healing Mama for the opportunity!
I always imagine that if something were to happen to me today; what would I want my kids to know about life? I thought about it, and I came up with 6 lessons that I think they should know.
6 Things I Want My Kids to Know
- Know yourself. It’s harder than it sounds, but once you figure it out handling the world will be a lot easier. Knowing yourself is as simple as listening to the little voice that guides you. The problem is there are times when you will want to ignore it. However, my advise is don’t ignore the little voice. It’s always right!
- Love yourself. This kind of goes with knowing yourself. Love yourself when nobody else does. When no one else is around you always have the love of yourself. Loving yourself is the most powerful thing you can do.
- Cherish Your Loved One. Cherish the people who have enriched your life, they won’t be here forever. Take time, soak up the moments, take in the lessons. Those moments will stay with you a life time.
- Eat Healthy. Good food helps you perform better in life. Give your body the best, so you are prepared to be the best everyday.
- Don’t Get Discouraged. There will be somethings in your life that won’t workout the way you want. However, in the end you will see that the situation worked out the way it was supposed to or even better.
- Something so simple can change the course of your day. A smile can also help another person’s day. It’s free, easy, and can make a world of difference.
Post contributed by Healing Mama! Here’s her bio:
My name is Healing Mama. I love anything that can help us live a better quality of life,emotionally, physically, spiritually, and mentally. I also share my journey through motherhood, my weight loss, military life and general tips.
I have a daughter (Honey Bee) and a son (Bumble Bee). They are my two very busy bee’s You will hear a lot about them! Come to my blog and hang out at: http://healingmamaremedies.blogspot.com and check me out on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Healingmama85