I was nominated by the beautiful, Egypt, over at Egypt English for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award. Ya’ll know that I love awards, but I don’t have the time to respond to as many as I get nominated for. This was my 3rd nomination and I wanted to take on this one because she asked some awesome questions and I wanted to share my answers with you.
EGYPT’S QUESTIONS FOR HER QUEEN SISTERS:
- You have all the resources needed to change ONE thing in the world with a snap of your fingers —what are you changing for the better? I’m ending poverty. There are too many people that go hungry each day and food security issues are one of the things that I am a champion of. I remember going to bed hungry as a child and I can’t imagine the countless children that go to bed each night without a meal.
- What is the most attractive feature or trait a woman can possess [physical, mental, spiritual]? I would say her faith. It’s more spiritual than physical or mental and since your inner faith is the voice that guides the choices you make you are more attractive when you know who and whose you are.
- What is your next big self/life/career-improvement project? There are two right now that I want to share. The first is that I want to enroll in grad school and go and get my MBA. The second…well, I’m moving home to save and buy a house for me and my son. That’s a major shift in my life and one that I was upset at thinking of making but the support from people around me about how they wish they could go home, save and buy a house has been wonderful. I am reducing debt and saving for a home.
- What dream location is at the top of your Next 5-year Bucket List and why? Gran Canaria in Spain is a place I want to visit. It’s absolutely beautiful and I love the beach.
- To be . . . or not to be . . .? [Pick one, and complete the phrase] To be true to yourself is the greatest gift you can give. Never deny the real you to make someone else feel better. You’re absolutely wonderful just the way you are.
- Who are 3 woman/sisters in your life you could not made it to this point in life without? Umm, great question…There have been many women in my life that have come in and out and have taught me great things. I am honored to have met them, interacted and grown with them. Some relationships lasted and others ended but it was as it should be. I would say at this point, my best friend Nikki, my grandmother and my mom.
- What is your favorite movie? Purple Rain
- You are an explorer of the sublime: what is your fancy?—outer space, the bottom of the sea, Mt. Everest? Outer space. I’m a sci-fi geek and I would love to travel to other planets because I believe there is life outside of Earth.
- Three things you love about you and/or your life? Three things…being a mother, being a sister and being a friend. All these roles inspire me to be better than I am and challenge me to keep reaching for my dreams.
- Reflect on your life’s experiences and lessons . . . Then think of a young woman, or girl who is roughly 10 years younger than you. . . What is the most important lesson you have learned to date you would like to share with Her? Know yourself truly before getting married. Don’t rush it. Stop wishing for a husband when you don’t know who you are and what you want. Don’t dream of the wedding, dream of the marriage. Speak life into your man and watch his dreams manifest in front of you. We can be wicked with our tongue and you should remember that you can’t take back things once said. I know. I did. I had to learn that marriage wouldn’t make me happy, I needed to be happy. I needed to know who I was. Your life is not written in stone and no matter how many times you may fall, get back up little sister and keep going on. I’ve survived it all and I am happier than I’ve ever been. The end is sometimes your beginning.
Now, I nominate all my fellow women bloggers to take Egypt’s questions and respond because I’m nominating you. These are great questions and since it is Women’s History Month, let’s encourage each other. Who runs the world? Girls!