Yay! My first award..The Very Inspiring Blogger Award.
I got nominated by the wonderful couple: Emily and Chris who host A Couple Talks blog. They have this great blog that is written from both a male and female perspective that gives you insight into dating, relationships and everything in between. Go check it out and I thank you both!
This is my first blogger award and the fact that total strangers think that I’m inspirational has me stoked. Woo hoo! Go me! Go me!
So, here are my thank you’s:
I would like to thank Sweet baby Jesus for being the motivating force in my life. Many of you know that I love me some Jesus and I know where my help comes from. I am a broken Christian marching in His army. Amen!
I would like to thank my son for providing hours of amusement to me that allows me to write about his antics. I would like to thank my friends for telling me to write-through the pain of my marriage crumbling and journal my experiences. Apparently that makes for great reading. I would like to thank POF, Tinder, Match and Black People Meet for allowing me to be a part of your dating site and realize that…men are crazy no matter what site you’re on.
Are you inspired yet? Seriously, I’m honored and I can’t believe that my little blog has such awesome readers. I hope that I can continue to write material that people find inspiring and just plain good.
So, one thing about winning this award, I have to do some official things.
Here are the rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you and add their link.
- List the award rules so your nominees will know what to do.
- Tell 7 hidden facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-10-15 other bloggers.
- Contact your nominees and provide a link to your post.
- Display the award logo (button) on your blog, whether on your sidebar or about page, or special award page.
My nominees are:
- I nominate Heather and her hubby, Chris for the wonderful work on Meet the Hopefuls – They blog about their infertility struggles and their intent to become parents. The IVF process is gruesome and they take you on their journey. Very inspiring.
- I nominate Jason’s Journal for his inspiring blog that captures everything from photographs, to essays and just writing from his perspective about life – he is the real deal. Very inspiring. I promise that you will enjoy reading Jason’s Journal.
- I nominate Brad Johns from The Positive Project. Great blogger who talks about his life and motivates and inspires us each time. He’s expecting a new baby with his wife and I promise you will enjoy his writing.
- I nominate Our Party of 6. A great blog about being a pastor’s wife and raising children. Her blog inspires you to see the message and gift in everyday things. You will enjoy it.
- I nominate Susan of Our Everyday which is very inspiring blog about her life and family. She uses beautiful prose, poetry and pictures to bring you into her everyday life. She’s my high school classmate and I know you will love her blog.
Seven Hidden Facts About Me:
- I recently reconnected with my dad after a 30 year hiatus. I found out that I may have 9 other siblings. Yep, my papa was a rolling stone.
- I have an accent. You will never hear it unless you’re around me when I’m home in Tennessee. I work hard to perfect my diction so you’ll never catch me slipping. LOL!
- I love selfies. Since my marriage ended, I learned to love my curves and find my happier and healthier self. Due to that I’ve become obsessed with taking photos of myself. Nope, I don’t have a selfie stick…yet.
- I hate when people talk about bugs, lice, fleas, etc. I start itching and scratching thinking I have something.
- I once planned to go to Vanderbilt law school and enter politics so I could become governor of my home state in Tennessee.
- My favorite book of the bible is Romans. It is the book that speaks to me the most in terms of my walk and faith and God’s ever-present love for me.
- Spanish was my first language. We lived in Spain when I was learning to talk and my babysitter spoke only Spanish. Therefore, I spoke Spanish at home.