Can you believe that I didn’t know that they even had such a thing? I was hoping that my church would get one because it would make it so much easier to participate instead of driving. But, I found one. I signed up to take part in a FREE on-line bible study class here: http://proverbs31.org/
As someone who is new to on-line bible study, I found this information on their website very helpful:
1. The study takes place at http://www.proverbs31.org/online-bible-studies/. This is your #1 source of information. All other outlets, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest are just options. The study is not run on Facebook, and you do not have to have Facebook or other social media sites to do this study — only the Proverbs 31 Ministries OBS blog. If you have signed up for the study, you will receive the study posts from the P31 blog directly to your email.
2. Every Monday of the study, an overview and introduction video of that week of study will be posted to help you prepare for the week. Each day, M-F, there is a new post, you will receive an email with your assignment for that day. If it’s a super busy week for you, as long as you read your Monday post, you will have all you need to complete that week of study.
3. There will be Bible study activities on the P31 OBS blog on various days during the week. You will be invited to share in the Group Chat (comment) section. This is where you can interact with all of your OBS sisters from all over the world. There will be homework and study ideas, memory verse suggestions, discussion questions, video messages, and opportunities for you to share. All of this is optional.
4. You need to have the book we are studying in order to participate in this Online Bible Study. We will be using the book. You will not need any other materials, such as a participant’s guide or DVD. You can order or pick up the book almost anywhere books are sold; however, we have plenty here in the Proverbs 31 Ministries Bookstore.
5. Other items that will be helpful for this study: a Bible, a notebook, pen or pencil, and highlighter.
6. You will get out of this study exactly what you put in to it. Your Bible study leaders will be encouraging you to keep up with our schedule by carving out a specific time to work on Bible Study. Make this study a priority. You signed up. That means you are making a real commitment to this study and that’s great! You can do this! Make this a priority in your life. You are worth it! And you won’t regret it!
7. Online Bible Study Archives: If you ever miss a few days or miss a post, have no fear! Every part of this study on this blog is saved in our View Past Studies section in the right column.
We will be using “What Happens When Women Walk in Faith” by Lysa Terkeurst. I’m excited because my women’s bible study used “The Best Yes” this season. I love her writing. I can’t wait!