How simple life would be if we just lived in and owned our own truth? Why do we complicate matters by practicing deceit, ignorance and omission? Aren’t you exhausted from all the games?
I choose to simply tell the truth.
Own my truth.
I don’t owe anyone explanations for my behavior.
Take it or leave it but the truth is simple.
Here are my some of my truths:
- I don’t want any more children. I choose not to be pregnant ever again. Been there and done that.
- I don’t want to pretend that I have it all together. I don’t. Half the time I am just winging it and hoping I don’t fall apart before I get home.
- Men from my past life…you have no chance with me right now. I’m in a happy and healthy relationship and I need you to reflect on why we aren’t together in the first place.
- I shut down when I’m tired of listening to the same argument. I won’t go in circles with the same issues.
- I don’t say stuff out of anger. I choose my words carefully because I can’t take it back when it’s said. I just shut down.
- I am an advocate for women’s rights. As a survivor of abuse, I refuse to allow anyone to be victimized or suffer in silence like I did.
Simple. Those are my truths. I own them. I make no apologies for being who I am and you know what? Neither should you. Simply be the best you possible.
This post is in response to the Daily Post. The word was simple.