One of my favorite quotes. I haven’t had many breath taking moments by many people’s estimations, but I’m thankful for those that I have had (both good and bad). So, my #favorfriday message is to be thankful for the moments that have taken your breath away.
Here are 22 of my breath taking moments:
- My first “real” kiss. Was sweet and reminded me of the simplicity and softness of lips.
- My first love. Was wonderful. Showed me that I’m beautiful both inside and out.
- My acceptance of Christ as my personal savior and baptism. It showed me that there is nothing that can separate me from Him.
- My first heartbreak. Was needed. Prepared me for the reality that life is not fair.
- My participation in a beauty pageant. I was scared as heck and couldn’t walk in heels, but it taught me how to smile through the uncomfortable situations.
- My graduation from high school. I was free. I was legal. I was going to travel the world.
- My graduation from college. Showed me that I could actually be committed to something for four years. It was hard.
- My first job. Taught me that I could be a great assistant while figuring out what I want to do with my life. I started from the bottom and didn’t mind.
- My first and only time filing a restraining order against a boyfriend. Because it showed me that in the midst of terror, I was still strong enough to survive a judge questioning me in courtroom full of other people.
- My marriage. Taught me that I can do anything. Good, bad or indifferent. My wedding day was perfect.
- My pregnancy. Taught me that I am strong. The illnesses that plagued me during my pregnancy didn’t break me. I prayed harder than I ever knew possible.
- My delivery. Taught me that I love my anesthesiologist. He didn’t paralyze me when he gave me my spinal. I felt no pain. All was good.
- My son’s cry. Showed me that God has favor over me yet again.
- My separation. Showed me that even in the midst of my pain, if I go to the throne of grace, it will get better.
- My reparation with my dad. Showed me that even the most dysfunctional and broken person needs love and to be forgiven. Just like God forgives me.
- My girlfriends. Remind me that I am incredible. Beautiful, smart and deserving of happiness.
- My family. Reminds me that we are sometimes cracked up and crazy, but there is no other place I would ever want to be.
- My heart. Shows me that I am deserving of love because I have a beautiful beating instrument inside.
- My head. Reminds me to never just follow it, examine everything and pray for guidance.
- My accepting Public Displays of Affection (PDA’s) allowed me to see what others see. I’m a beautiful woman deserving of attention and affection. I like PDA’s.
- My writing. Allowed me to bond with people in different parts of the country that see me as a kindred spirit. They appreciate what I write. I am immensely grateful.
- My current job. Reminded me that I can have it all. Both motherhood and career and still be happy.
These are merely a few and I have many more that may not be appropriate to share in cyberspace. LOL. But, know this…I love to live in the moments. I’m grateful for them because if you’re lucky, some may just take your breath away (in a good way).